Sunday, June 29, 2008

Zero Waste Event Kits

Boulder Ecocycle sells something called the Zero Waste Event Kit. I was in the middle of a meet & greet/trash bag handout/fireworks sleuthing walk around the picnic area, and I saw a family that had their kit set up. Brilliant.

Which makes me wonder about a few things:
  1. Could Eldorado Canyon State Park sell Zero Waste Event Kits?
  2. How could park infrastructure be altered to support those who are recycling gurus?
  3. How could park infrastructure and signage be altered to assist recycling tyros?
  4. When I read quotes like this one: "Businesses may receive an incentive of $2.50 per subscribed cubic yard of compost collection." on a City of Boulder page, I wonder what kinds of costs and revenue a hardcore recycling/composting program might incur?
  5. How many person-hours would a very thorough recycling/compost program use up?

No comments: